Monday, June 6, 2011

Spiritual Math

I figured it out!

A few posts ago, I shared an analogy about the Second Coming that I have discovered in my life. I did so because of all the talk about the end of the world and the OBVIOUS signs of the times with regards to the natural disasters happening all over the world at this time. (You can read that post here)

I decided then that I wanted to study more and share my thoughts on this topic here on this blog. I have been studying, but every time I have sat down to write my thoughts, something totally different was written on the computer screen than I had anticipated. My posts have been about BELIEVING that you can and should receive personal revelation and making time to read the scriptures. My thoughts keep going in that direction, despite my current topic of study in the scriptures.

Today I was doing some spiritual math...

1. A desire to study the events leading up to the Second Coming and wanting to better understand how to make myself ready for whatever may come.
+
1. The guidance of the Holy Ghost in this quest
_____________________________________________________
2. Realizing that the ability to decipher the Savior's voice from all other voices out there is probably the most important way we can  be worthy and ready for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

Then I remembered this quote:
"The ability to qualify for, receive, and act on personal revelation is the single most important skill that can be acquired in this life." Sister Julie B. Beck, General Relief Society President for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, "And Upon the Handmaids in Those Days Will I Pour Out My Spirit", Ensign, May 2010. Read Sister Beck's Talk here

So, it was all part of my quest. I just love how our Savior guides us, even if we don't recognize it at first.

Today I listened to a great radio question/answer session with Sister Beck on learning how to receive personal revelation. It's not too long and if your kids will let you, you can listen to it while you fix dinner! :) Click the link below to listen to these great insights...

Relief Society: Episode 12 - Personal Revelation

(Remember, my kids use up 99.9% of my brain capacity so it takes me a little while to connect the dots sometimes. Be nice when you think "I coulda told her that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...