Monday, April 18, 2011

He Lives To Love

Before my children were born I was a high school teacher. I loved my job but some days I felt thoroughly beat up by the time school was over. The unpleasant realities of today's society can really chew you up and spit you out sometimes.

Somewhere during the madness, I decided to turn off the radio on my way to work each morning and use the time to draw close to the Spirit in preparation for whatever may come my way during the school day. Every once in a while I would sing hymns during this time. (Yes, I was the lady singing to herself in her car on the way to work - without hesitation I might add.)

I found that the hymn "I Know The My Redeemer Lives" seemed to prep me for the day the best so I sang that more often than others. As I did, the words began to come alive to me and I discovered deeper meanings in the verses than the simple song I had sung all my life.

First off, when someone "lives" for something, they eat, sleep and breath that something. He "lives" to play basketball. She "lives" to dance etc. I began to equate this meaning with "He lives". The Savior lives to help us. He lives to love us. It is His work and His glory. He loves to do it.

But then the words changed again. When you live for something, you love that something with all of your heart. So eventually some of the words changed completely...He LOVES to bless me with his love.
He LOVES to plead for me above.
He LOVES my hungry soul to feed.
He LOVES to bless in time of need.
He LOVES to grant me rich supply.
He LOVES to guide me with his eye.
He LOVES to comfort me when faint.
He LOVES to hear my soul's complaint.
He LOVES to silence all my fears.
He LOVES to wipe away my tears.
He LOVES to calm my troubled heart.
He LOVES all blessings to impart.
He LOVES, and while he loves, I'll sing.
He LOVES, my Prophet, Priest, and King.
He LOVES and grants me daily breath.
He LOVES, and I shall conquer death.
He LOVES my mansion to prepare.
He LOVES to bring me safely there.

He LOVES! All glory to his name! He LOVES, my Savior, still the same. Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives: "I KNOW that my Redeemer LOVES!"

We are never a burden on Him, no matter how much we may need Him. He LOVES to be there for us. There is nothing He would rather do. This gets me through every single day. This is what helps me get out of bed and want to try a little harder than I did the day before. This is what fills our hearts with the warmth of sunshine even when we are in the midst of an emotional/spiritual rain storm. He is how we can be forgiven of our mistakes and rise above them to reach even greater heights than before. He is the balm for which our aching hearts yearn. He is the reason to hope and live and LOVE.

Never, ever, ever allow yourself to believe that you rely on Him too much or that your simple little problems are too small and insignificant for Him because that is absolutely not possible. If it is important to you, it is important to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...