Wednesday, April 13, 2011

An Apostle's Easter Thoughts on Christ



My heart breaks in two every time I hear these words and tears stream down my cheeks. No words can describe my feelings. I love our Savior Jesus Christ.

The way I have come to understand a small portion of the Atonement is this, somehow, in the Garden of Gethsemane, for a brief moment, Jesus became you and me and each one of us. I'm not sure of any other way to say that. I believe that in that moment, He thoroughly and completely comprehended you, and me - grasping the understanding of why we do what we do, why we say what we say, why we think and feel what we think and feel. He knows WHY. It doesn't mean that all of our actions are okay, it just means that He understands why.

Because of this He is uniquely qualified to offer love and understanding and healing to us in a way no one else can. It is Him whom we must rely on more than anyone else in this world. In the Garden, He went to your deepest, darkest, saddest place, and then, and THEN...He found the way out. That is what He did! He found the way for you to escape and so when He says "Come Follow Me", one interpretation could be, "I know the way out of here. Take my hand and trust me. I'll get you out." and then we must do as He says, take His hand and trust Him as He clears the path before us step by step to lead us Home to where our spirits long to be.

He is our dearest, truest, most loyal and bravest friend. The commandments He gives are because He can see the path that we cannot see. He sees the pitfalls and fallen branches and all the obstacles that would make it impossible for us to travel that path without assistance. The commandments are the assistance He offers. We DO NOT HAVE TO TRAVEL THIS PATH ALONE!! He WANTS to be right by our side. I don't know that we can comprehend that intense charity in the world we live in, but it is real and it is offered to every single one of us! Do not reject His gift - it is offered with the purest love any one of us could ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...