Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Something feels right!

It has been a while since I have posted on this blog. I have thought about different posts I could write and I have even sat down to work on a couple of different posts but I sit and nothing comes from my brain out through my fingertips. I refuse to write just to write. So my thoughts have been that I would wait until something felt right. :) Oh I can post little snippets on facebook each day and I can send off an email here and there but this blog is different. This blog is about Jesus Christ and our relationship with Him. I won't fill this blog with stuff for the sake of stuff...

To be fair to myself...I have been super busy the past few months. As I look back on all that I have been involved in, I see the Hand of the Lord in all of it. He has given me so many opportunities to grow. So many! He has blessed me so much! (That doesn't mean it has all been easy, it just means I see that He has been with me.) I would love to sit down and write about some of these experiences on this blog but the posts would be miles long. I will write about a couple of them in the next few days...maybe.

Today, however, I'll just start from right now...

I have a picture of the Savior that I keep right by the computer. He is constantly looking at me as I type. It used to make me feel uncomfortable to look over and see Him watching me. Not because I was doing anything wrong, but you probably know how I feel. He can see straight through me and what if He doesn't like what He sees? That used to be what would go through my mind. Now, however, I have become comfortable with Him there. I know He sees every single bit of me - the good the bad and the ugly.  I gotta tell ya, it is nice to have Him there, someone who knows me really well AND still loves me. So I glance at the picture of Him often as I'm on the computer each day studying, corresponding, working and discovering. I look at Him for approval or encouragement or answers or comfort or just to feel loved.

Hey, I'll take a picture of my surroundings so you can know what I'm talking about...


So, this is what I'm surrounded with right now. I'm working on a lesson for church this coming Sunday so there are my scriptures and notebook.  I've committed to reading 5 verses in the Book of Mormon in Spanish every day so that's there (Although it doesn't happen every day!)  The reading glasses that I mysteriously needed over night once I turned 40 a year ago are there in the picture! You see my phone, which is always close by in case my children's school calls. Yes, of course, snacks - chips and chocolate (You can't see the chocolate). Guess what...behind me my dishes are done and the kitchen is somewhat clean right now. Yay!! But there are beds to be made and stacks of laundry down the hall. I'm super proud of myself for making it to the gym this morning (so I could eat more chocolate), but I'm still in my stinky gym clothes which means I haven't taken a shower yet. (Be glad you can't smell through the computer!) Plus I have a gazillion other projects and commitments waiting in line for my attention.



But right now, as I look over at the picture of Jesus next to me, my heart wants to take a moment just to publically say that I love Him. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that He lived on this earth and that he suffered and died for each of us. I know that He understands every single bit of pain and suffering that we endure - every single bit of it.

I have had moments while sitting at this computer when I have looked over at the picture of Jesus and I knew He understood me - even though someone else misunderstood me. I have had moments while sitting at this computer when I have looked over at the picture of Jesus and I felt Him just love me with no limitations or stipulations or expectations. I have had moments while sitting at this computer when I have looked over at the picture of Jesus and my heart swelled with love for Him...like right now.

I hope you can feel that too.

I wrote that I know Jesus lived and that he suffered and died for us. I want to also say that I know He will return. I know He will return. I don't know when that will be. I don't know if it will be in my lifetime or not. I just know He will return. 


"For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth..." (Job 19:25)

Until then I will try to continue to follow Nephi's example...

 "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."
 (2nd Nephi 25:26)

I am not the perfect writer. My grammer stinks sometimes. I am not a perfect person - trust me!! I make mistakes and don't always practice what I preach. I'm trying though. I do, however, have faith in the One who is perfect and the One who never made a mistake and the One who forgives me every day. The One who is patient and merciful and loves me. I will keep writing about Him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...